Monday, December 29, 2014

Nonfiction Reading Challenge 2015

Nonfiction Reading Challenge hosted at The Introverted Reader
Image courtesy of Serge Bertasius Photography
at FreeDigitalPhotos.net


One more 2015 challenge. You can find the information at The Introverted Reader.

Basically, you read any nonfiction books during 2015 to qualify. I am going for the Master level, between sixteen and twenty books, which is the highest level possible.

Unlike the Classics challenge and the European reading one, this one should not require me to go out of my way to find books. I am mostly a nonfiction reader, especially science and history. I may impose a personal challenge to try to read from diverse nonfiction topics so that I don't fill up my list with twenty very similar books.

I'll post links to reviews here as I complete the books. January 1st can't come soon enough; I already have a mental list of books that I want to start right away!

1. Orr: My Story - Bobby Orr
2. The Skeleton Crew - Deborah Halber
3. Ice Time: A Tale of Fathers, Sons and Hometown Heroes - Jay Atkinson
4. The Shelf - Phyllis Rose
5. The Last Empire - Serhii Plokhy
6. The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin
7. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Marie Kondo
8. Discontent and Its Civilizations: Dispatches from Lahore, New York, and London -    
        Mohsin Hamid
9. Men Explain Things to Me - Rebecca Solnit
10. Happier at Home - Gretchen Rubin
11. A Palette of Particles - Jeremy Bernstein
12. The Year of Magical Thinking - Joan Didion
13. Neutrino Hunters - Ray Jayawardhana
14. Between You & Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen - Mary Norris
15. Working Stiff - Judy Melinek, M.D. & T.J. Mitchell
16. The Interstellar Age - Jim Bell
17. The Year of Reading Dangerously - Andy Miller
18. Midnight in Siberia: A Train Journey into the Heart of Russia - David Greene
19. Lost London - Richard Guard
20. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
21. The Andy Cohen Diaries - Andy Cohen 
22. Most Talkative - Andy Cohen 
23. The Art of the English Murder - Lucy Worsley 
24. Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own - Kate Bolick 
25. 84, Charing Cross Road - Helene Hanff

1 comment: