Thursday, December 11, 2014

European Reading Challenge 2015

                                           

Another challenge for 2015! You can find the information at Rose City Reader.

Essentially, you have to read a book from each of 50 European countries, either by an author from that country or set in that country. I am going for the five books level (Deluxe Entourage) and beyond because I have been trying to read more books in translation and from other countries. Because of this, I am going to try to find authors from each country rather than just books set there but we'll see how far I get!

Can't wait for January 2015 to start! In the meantime, my list of ideas is below. I will update as the challenge progresses.

My choices:

Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France -- The Ghost Riders of Ordebec by Fred Vargas
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Hungary -- 
Iceland
Ireland -- Nora Webster by Colm Tóibín
Italy
Kazakhstan
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Netherlands -- The Dinner by Herman Koch
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Republic of Macedonia
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain -- 
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
United Kingdom
Vatican City



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the 2015 European Reading Challenge! I am thrilled to have you join us! Good luck with the challenge and I am excited to see what other books you pick.

    ReplyDelete